Facts and Events
||Kentucky, United States
||4 JUN 1822
||Pope, Illinois, United Stateson roadwork crew
||12 APR 1827
||Fountain, Indiana, United Statesto Emily Clark
||Vigo, Indiana, United States
||23 Mar 1831
||Vigo, Indiana, United Statesresident Vigo County, sold land in Fountain County to bro-in-law James Snow
||4 Sep 1840
||Vigo, Indiana, United Statessold land to Jeremiah Clark
||Vigo, Indiana, United StatesFayette Township
||3 April 1850
||Vigo, Indiana, United Statessold land
||able to read and write
||4 May 1857
||Vigo, Indiana, United Stateswife buys land
- ↑ Clarence Lott, 27 July 2008, in Johnson Family emails.
- ↑ County Court Records, Pope County, Illinois; LDS #0964530, in Illinois. County Court (Pope County), and Illinois. Court of County Commissioners (Pope County). County court records, 1816-1850. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1974), p. 175, 1816-1831, Primary quality.
– 4 June 1822 Ordered that Lincoln Harper be appointed Supervisor on the Franklin road, from the Kaskaskia road, to the crossing of the Big Bay Cree, and . . . Cato Whitesid, James A. Whitsid, John Whitesid, James Snow, Isaac Snow, John Snow, Jacob Roe, William Johnson, Bailey Johnson, Charles Johnson Jur, . . . Abraham Shufflebarger, Jacob Sufflebarger, John King, Fredrick A[pple]yard,
Jesse McCool, Benjamin McCool [crossed out in original], . . . allotted to to work on the same
- ↑ Volumes 2-3; LDS #1321427, in Fountain County (Indiana). Recorder. Deed records, 1827-1887. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Vol. 2, p. 217, 1831-1833, Primary quality.
Indenture made 23 Mar 1831
Between William Johnson and Emily his wife of Vigo County, IN
and James Snow of Fountain County, IN who paid $225
for the West fraction of NW1/4, Sec 18, T20N, R7W, containing 80 acres and 7/100s
Signed William Johnson, Emily x her mark Johnson
Witness R. B. Owens JP, Abraham x his mark [We]bb
Recorded 24 Nov 1831
- ↑ United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule.
Johnson, William, 1 m>5 [Charles], 1 m 20-30 [William], 1 f>5 [unknown daughter], 1 f 20-30 [Emily]
- ↑ Vols 7-9; LDS #1392812, in Vigo County (Indiana). Recorder. Deed records, 1818-1886. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Vol 8, p. 374, 1837-1844, Primary quality.
Indenture 4 Sept 1840
Between William Johnson and Emely [sic] his wife of Vigo County, Indiana
And Jeremiah Clark of Edgar County, Illinois who paid $400 for
SE1/4 of SW1/4, S19, T13N, R9W
Signed William Johnson, Emely x her mark Johnson
- ↑ Vigo County, Indiana, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 73, Fam 74, Primary quality.
Johnson, William, 45, male, farmer, RE=$200, b. Kentucky
, Emily, 42, female, b. New York, cannot read or write
, Resella, 15, female, b. Indiana, attends school
, Sidelia, 1 month, female, b. Indiana
HH 101, Fam 102
Johnson, Charles, 20, cooper, b. IN, married w/in the year
, Amanda, 20, b. NY
- ↑ Vols 18-19; LDS #1392824, in Vigo County (Indiana). Recorder. Deed records, 1818-1886. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Vol. 18, p. 136 , 1854-1856, Primary quality.
William Johnson and Emily Johnson his wife of Vigo County, Indiana
For $50 paid to them by Charles Johnson of the same place
Sell to him
SE1/4 of the SW1/4, S19, T13N, R9W
Containing 31 [and] 57/100’s acres
Signed 3 April 1854, William Johnson, Emily x her mark Johnson
Witness Philip Bolton JP
Recorded 5 April 1854
- ↑ Vols. 20-21; LDS #1392825, in Vigo County (Indiana). Recorder. Deed records, 1818-1886. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Vol. 21, p. 57, June 1856-Oct 1858, Primary quality.
Between Charles Johnston and Elizabeth Johnston his wife of Vigo County, Indiana
And Emily Johnston of the same place who paid $15
For the SE1/4 of the SW1/4 of S19, T13N, R9W, containing 31 and 57/100s acres
Signed 4 May 1857, Charles M. Johnston, Elizabeth E. Johnston
Witness Joseph James, JP
Recorded 13 August 1857
- ↑ Based on last date when William sold property, and date when wife purchased of property.
Help fund new features!