Facts and Events
Devised "Millenbeck" of 540 acres by his father's will dated 3 OCT 1680.
Captain of militia 1672, Justice 1680, Burgess 1685
Deed: 300 acres to _____ on ______.
Will: 28 SEP 1694, proved 1694. Only mentions 270 acres of land as his home plantation to which his wife. Will Book 8, p. 45.
Sons William and Richard over 16, other children are under 16.
To sons William and Richard, 950 acres "in this neck" next to RIchard Cundiff to be equally divided, provided they acquit their right to land in Richmond County above Perpetua Creek being about 1,000 acres on which my Quarter Plantation (uninhabited) now is to their two brothers Joseph and George Ball.
To daughter Margaret Ball, that land where my mother lives at the mouth of the Corratoman being 350 acres to laid out of adjoining my land that James Wood lives on.
- ↑ Family Recorded, in Hill, Margaret Lester. Ball Families of Virginia's Northern Neck: An Outline. (Lancaster, VA: Mary Ball Washington Museum & Library, 1990), 1, Secondary quality.
- ↑ Hill, 1, Secondary quality.
[Hill gives the date of birth as 2 JUN 1641, citing Heydon and Eastwick Papers #35.]
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Will Abstract of William Ball, in Lee, Ida J. Abstracts Lancaster County, Virginia, Wills, 1653-1800. (Richmond: Dietz Press, 1959), Secondary quality.
p 6 -
BALL, Capt. William, of Parish St. Mary's White Chapel. 28 Sep. 1694. Rec. 16 Nov. 1694.
Wife (name not given), three eldest sons: William, Richard and James Ball; Sons: Joseph, George, David, Stretchly and Samuel Ball. Dau. Margaret Ball. Extrs. sons William and Richard, and brother [*-in-law] Capt. David Fox, Mr. Geo. Haile. Wits. Abraham Taylor, George Finch, Edwin Conway. W.B. 8, p. 45.
[* cos1776 Note: omitted from original text.]
[Identifies family members of William Ball.]
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Will Abstract of William Ball, in Lee, Ida J. Abstracts Lancaster County, Virginia, Wills, 1653-1800. (Richmond: Dietz Press, 1959), Secondary quality.
p 6 -
BALL, William. Will. 5 Oct. 1680. Rec. 11 Nov. 1680.
To son Wm. Ball, my plantation, 2 patents of 540 acres. Wife Hannah ; son Joseph Ball Patent of 1600 acres in Rappa. Co., Dau. Hannah, wife of Capt. David Fox only 5 shillings sterling, which is overpayment both of her portion and deserts. Extrs. Sons William and Joseph. Wits. Thos. Everest, Jno. Mottly.
W.B. 5, p. 70.
[Identifies him as son of William and Hannah Ball.]
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Family Recorded, in Colonial Dames of America. Chapter 1, Baltimore. Ancestral records and portraits: a compilation from the archives of Chapter I, the Colonial Dames of America. (New York: Grafton Press, 1910), 2:814, Secondary quality.
- Family Recorded, in Cukro, Diane. Descendants of William Ball. (Huntington, NY: Private Manuscript, 2002), 5-9, Secondary quality.
[Cukro gives his date of birth as 2 JUN 1641 and also as 2 JAN 1641 (not double dated). No source.]
- Family Recorded, in Hayden, Horace Edwin. Virginia genealogies : a genealogy of the Glassell family of Scotland and Virginia: also of the families of Ball, Brown, Bryan, Conway, Daniel, Ewell, Holladay, Lewis, Littlepage, Moncure, Peyton, Robinson, Scott, Taylor, Wallace, and others, of Virginia and Maryland. (Wilkes-Barre, Pa.: E.B. Yordy, printer, 1891), 53-55, Secondary quality.