- H. Captain Timothy Wheeler1604 - 1687
- W. Susan Knightest 1612 - 1632/33
m. 30 Apr 1632
Facts and Events
||Captain Timothy Wheeler
||28 Dec 1604
||Wharley End, Bedfordshire, England
||30 Apr 1632
||Cranfield, Bedfordshire, Englandto Susan Knight
||to Jane Unknown
||Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United StatesAppointed Ensign
||Estimate based on date of birth of eldest known child.
to Mary Brooks
||1 Sep 1657
||Charlestown, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United StatesFor 140 Pounds, bought house, several lots of land belonging to Dr. Richard Palgrave
||Medford, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United StatesJoint Purchaser With His Father-in-law Of A Farm Of Acres In Medford|Joint Purchaser With His Father-in-law Of A Farm Of 400 Acres
||30 Jul 1687
||Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
||Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United StatesHill Burying Ground
Christened in Cranfield, England.
Mentioned (as son) in his father's will in 1627.
Life in New England
Lived in the East Quarter of the town in the house of the then late Rev. Peter Bulkeley, the first minister of Concord. It was in this house that the treaty with the Indians was made in 1636 by which the track of land six miles square was ceded to the "English Undertakers" to establish Concord.
He was a Captain, Rep. of Concord, 18 years and held other most important trusts in the town affairs.
He was an early proprietor of Watertown.
(Incorporate into Sources)
- CHR-MARR:Parish transcript,Cranfield,Bedford,ENG (GS 845,460-925,406)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Jacobus, Donald Lines, Editor, and N. Grier Parke (Compiler and Publisher). The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley & his wife Emma Arabella Bosworth. (Woodstock, Vt.: N.G. Parke, 1960), 52.
Children of Thomas Wheeler of Cranfield and 2nd wife Rebecca ---: Timothy, bp. Cranfield 28 Dec 1604, d. Concord 30 Jul 1687, m. (1) Cranfield 30 Apr 1632 Susan Knight, m. (2) by 1636 Jane ---, m. (3) Mary Brooks. Ensign at Concord 1646, Lieutenant (1657, 1661), and later Captain. Will dated 1 Mar 1687, proved 7 Sep 1687.
- ↑ Bond, Henry, M.D. Family Memorials. Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Including Waltham and Weston (1855): To Which Is Appended the Early History of the Town. With Illustrations, Maps and Notes. (Boston, Mass.: Little, Brown, and Company, 1855), 638.
- ↑ Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States. Births, Marriages, and Deaths, 1635-1850. (Boston: Beacon Press, 1891), 432.
The Hill Burying Ground.
Capt. Timothy Wheeler, aged about 86 years, July 30, 1687.
[Birth about 1601.]
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Bond, Henry, M.D. Family Memorials. Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Including Waltham and Weston (1855): To Which Is Appended the Early History of the Town. With Illustrations, Maps and Notes. (Boston, Mass.: Little, Brown, and Company, 1855), 721.
Capt. Timothy Wheeler of Concord m. (1st) Jane ---, by whom he had dr. Sarah, b. June 22, 1640. She d. Feb. 12, 1642-3; and he m. (2d) Mary Brooks, dr. of Capt. Thomas Brooks. Captain, Rep. of Concord 18 years, and held other most important trusts in the town affairs. He was an early proprietor of Watertown. Sept. 1, 1657, for £140, he bought the house and several lots of land belonging to the estate of Dr. Richard Palgrave of Charlestown. In 1660, he was joint purchaser with his father-in-law, of a farm of 400 acres in Medford. He gave the ministerial lot to the town. He d. July 10, 1687, aged 86. It is probable that he was not much younger than his father-in-law, Capt. Brooks.