- H. Solomon Reed1719 - 1785
- W. Sarah Reed1718 - 1802
m. 12 Jul 1764
Facts and Events
||22 Oct 1719
||Abington, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
||New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut, United Statesto Abigail Horton
||12 Jul 1764
||Abington, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Statesto Sarah Reed
||14 May 1785
||Middleborough, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
Source:The history of the church of North Middleborough, Massachusetts : in six discourses preached by its acting pastor, S. Hopkins Emery, p. 25: Graduated from Harvard in 1739. In 1746 a small number called New Lights withdrew from the church in Framingham and Mr. Reed became their pastor [second Congregational Church of Framingham]. In 1756 he accepted the call from North Middleborough [Titicut] to preach there. His health, never good, failed and he d. 1785.
Despite graduating from Harvard, Solomon sent three sons to Yale because of its religious orientation. Of these Solomon became minister in Petersham, Samuel became minister in Warwick, and John was a chaplain in the Navy, then minister at West Bridgewater. His fourth son Timothy went to Dartmouth and became a merchant and lawyer in West Bridgewater.
- ↑ Abington, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States. Vital Records to the Year 1850. (Boston, Mass: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1912), 1:192.
Reed, Solomon, s. William and Alles, [born] Oct. 22, 1719.
- ↑ General Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Descendants of the Pilgrims who landed at Plymouth, Mass. December 1620. (New England - United States: General Society of Mayflower Descendants., Various), 12:565.
Attributes date of death 14 May 1785 to Silbey's Harvard Grads, vol. 10, p. 398.
- ↑ Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States. Plymouth County, Mass., Probate records, 1686-1903; with index and docket, 1685-1967. (Originals with town clerk, filmed by Genealogical Society of Utah, 1968), FHL film 0550715, v. 29, 299-300.
Will of "Solomon Reed of Middleborough in the County of Plymouth, Clerk", dated 26 Apr 1785, proved 5 Jun 1785, mentions wife Sarah Reed, "my four Sons viz't - John, Solomon, Samuel & Timothy Reed". Timothy executor.
- Solomon's first wife is alternately named as Abigail Stoughton, Abigail Houghton, and Abigail Horton. See Family:Solomon Reed and Abigail Horton (1) for a detailed discussion of this.