- H. Samuel Huntington1731 - 1796
- W. Martha Devotion (add)
Facts and Events
||5 Jul 1731
||Windham, Windham, Connecticut, United States
||5 Jan 1796
||Norwich, New London, Connecticut, United States
||Old Norwichtown Cemetery, Norwich, New London, Connecticut, United States
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Samuel Huntington ( January 5, 1796) was a jurist, statesman, and Patriot in the American Revolution from Connecticut. As a delegate to the Continental Congress, he signed the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of Confederation. He also served as President of the Continental Congress from 1779 to 1781, chief justice of the Connecticut Supreme Court from 1784 to 1785, and the 18th Governor of Connecticut from 1786 until his death.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Windham, in Connecticut, United States. The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records, .
- Huntington, II, Channing M. (2004-01-19). "Samuel Huntington's Birth Date – New Evidence Revealed". The Huntington Homestead., .
- Samuel Huntington (statesman), in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- ↑ Samuel Huntington, in Connecticut State Library.
- Samuel Huntington, in Find A Grave.