d.10 August 1816
Facts and Events
||10 August 1816
Will of Quinton Milliken
- Will of Quintin Milliken.
- In the name of God Amen, I Quintin Milliken in the county of Chatham and State of North Carolina, being of sound and perfect mind and memory. Blessed be God, do this third day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixteen make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form Following;
- that is to say, first I bequeath unto my son Jesse Milliken one half of the tract of land whereon I now live to be equally divided by my executors when my son Charley Milliken comes of the age of twenty-one years.
- Also I give unto iiiy son Jesse Milliken one bed and furniture and one negro man by the name of Ben, and a two-year old filly. My will further is that my son Jesse Milliken live on the plantation until my son Charles Milliken comes of age and are both to live togather.
- I then give unto my daughter Sarah Richardson (N. B. Charley is to have two years schooling) one negro woman by the name of Phillis, and a bed and furniture (with) a horse, bridle and saddle to be valued at one hundred dollars.
- I then give unto my son Spensor Milliken one negro boy by the name of Alike and fifty dollars in money.
- I then give unto my daughter Mahala Milliken one negro by the name of Hampton and one bed and furniture.
- I then give unto my daughter Jinney Milliken one negro boy by the name of Gray and a bed and furniture.
- I then, give unto Frances Foushee ten shillings to be paid her by my executors.
- After all my just debts are paid The ballance of my things remaining to be sold and divided among Jesse Milliken, Spencer Milliken, Jennie Milliken, Mahala Milliken and Charles Milliken, and I hereby make and ordain my wortliy friend George Linniher (?) and my son Jesse Milliken executors of this my last will and testament, In witness whereof I, the said Quintin Millikin have set my hand and seal the day and year above written.
- Signed, sealed and published and delivered by the said Quintin Milliken the testator as his last will and testament in the presence of us:
- Quinton Milliken [Seal]
- Isham HInketh?, Buford Petty Jr.
- Codicil. The growing crops and the plantation whereon I now live I wish appropriated to the use of my children Jesse Milliken, Mahala Milliken, Jenney Milliken and Charles Milliken also my farming utensils, household and kitchen furniture reserved for the use of the above named children until my son Charles becomes of age, then to be equally divided between the four children. The sale of some property will be indispensible to defray my just debts and the payment of some legacys in the above will, and for this purpose I wish sold at auction as soon after my decease as may be proper such of my stock or other personal property as my executors may think can be spared.
- Quinton Milliken
- Wit: Frank Hill, Joseph Foushee.
- [Source: History of the families Millingas and Millanges of Saxony and Normandy, comprising genealogies and biographies of their posterity surnamed Milliken, Millikin, Millikan, Millican, Milligan, Mulliken and Mullikin, A. D. 800-A. D. 1907, by Ridion, Gideon Tibbets].
- ↑ Louise Millikan Howard.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mike Milliken's WorldConnect tree, info from the book by Rev. Gideon Tibbetts Ridlon, Sr.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Howard Export.FTW.
Date of Import: Jan 26, 2008