- H. Garret Lozier (add)
- W. Margaret Kellyabt 1878 -
m. 9 Jan 1907
Facts and Events
||Liverpool, Lancashire, England
||3 Apr 1881
||Liverpool, Lancashire, England48 Ascot Street
||14 Aug 1883
||New York City, New York, United StatesSS Wyoming
||1 Jun 1900
||Manhattan, New York, New York, United States244 East 34th Street
||1 Jun 1905
||Manhattan, New York, New York, United States432 Thirty Third Street
||9 Jan 1907
||Manhattan, New York, New York, United Statesto Garret Lozier (add)
Margaret Kelly was born in about 1878 in Liverpool, daughter of Robert Kelly and Maria Reid. In 1883, when she was about five years old she emigrated with her mother and sisters to America, following her father who had emigrated the previous year.
In America the family settled in Manhattan in New York City, and as a young woman Margaret worked as an operator. In 1907 she married Garret Lozier. Margaret has yet to be researched after her marriage.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 General Register Office. Public Record Office (PRO) RG 11 General Register Office: 1881 Census Schedules. (The National Archives), Piece RG 11/3600 Folio 32 Page 62, 3 Apr 1881, Primary quality.
|Address||48 Ascot St, Liverpool, Lancashire|
|Name||Relation to head||Marital status||Sex||Age||Implied birthdate||Occupation||Birthplace|
|Robert Kelly||head||married||male||32||1848/9||Labourer Dock||Manchester, Lancashire|
|Julia Kelly||daughter||female||6||1874/5||Scholar||Liverpool, Lancashire|
|Margaret Kelly||daughter||female||3||1877/8||Liverpool, Lancashire|
|John Jones||lodger||widower||male||52||1828/9||Labourer Dock||Quebec, Canada|
- ↑ United States. Census Office. 12th census, 1900. New York, 1900 federal census : soundex and population schedules. (Washington, District of Columbia: National Archives and Records Administration, 19--?), New York, New York, 0504 Borough of Manhattan, Election District 16, New York City Ward 20, page 29, 1 Jun 1900, Primary quality.
Address: 244 East Thirty-fourth
Robert Kelly, head, white, male, b. Nov 1849, married 30 years, b. Ireland, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland, immigrated 1882, naturalized, Printer, 1 month out of work
Maria Kelly, wife, white, female, b. May 1854, married 30 years, mother of 16 children, 9 children still living, b. Ireland, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland, immigrated 1883
Julia Kelly, daughter, white, female, b. May 1876, single, b. unknown, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland
Margaret Kelly, daughter, white, female, b. Nov 1879, single, b. England, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland, immigrated 1883, Millener, 0 months out of work
Maria Kelly, daughter, white, female, b. Nov 1881, single, b. England, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland, immigrated 1883, Dress-maker, 2 months out of work
Teresa Kelly, daughter, white, female, b. May 1884, single, b. New York, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland, Cash-girl, 0 months out of work
Ciddick [possibly mistranscribed Liddiar?] Kelly, daughter, female, b. Nov 1888, single, b. New York, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland, At school
plus seven roomers and a servant
- ↑ New York, United States. New York State Census, 1905. (FamilySearch Record Search), County: New York / Borough: Manhattan / Assembly District 11 / Election District 7 / Image 17, 1 Jun 1905, Primary quality.
|Address||432 Thirty Third Street, Manhattan, New York, New York|
|Name||Relation||Color||Sex||Age||Nativity||Years in US||Citizen or alien||Occupation|
|Kelly, Robert||Head||W||M||56||Ireland||22||Cit||Day Laborer|
|Kelly, Theresa||daughter||W||F||21||U.S.||Cit||Operator Belts|
|Hilliard, Charles||Son in Law||W||M||20||U.S.||Cit||Cable splicer|
|Hilliard, Robert L.||Grandson||W||M||1/12||U.S.||Cit||At home|
- ↑ New York City, New York, United States. New York Passenger Lists, 1883 August 14 / Wyoming / Image 3, 14 Aug 1883, Primary quality.
Maria Kelly, 29, wife, England, United States
Julia Kelly, 9, child, England, United States
Margaret Kelly, 4, child, England, United States
Maria Kelly, 11mos, infant, England, United States