d.Bet 8 Apr - 8 May 1854
- W. Margaret BurketAbt 1791 - Bet 1854
m. Before 1820
Facts and Events
||Pennsylvania, United States
||19 Mar 1804
||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United Statesnamed in father's will [unmarried]
||probably in Delaware, based on date and place of oldest daughter's birth
to William Scott
||Elkton, Cecil, Maryland, United States
||Bet 8 Apr - 8 May 1854
||8 Apr 1854
||Cecil, Maryland, United StatesWill written
||8 May 1854
||Cecil, Maryland, United StatesWill entered into probate
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Elkton, Cecil County, Maryland (3rd Electoral District, 1st Subdivision), in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
William Scott, 60 male, farmer, b. Georgia
, Margaret, 59 female
, Thomas, 29 male, farmer, b. DE
, Sewall B., 17, male, farmer, b. PA
, Amanda, 19, female, b. PA
, Helen, 16, female, b. PA
, Emma, 15, female, b. PA
William McDannele, 22, farmer, Cecil Co.
Gilbert Ruter, 11, b. Cecil Co.
- ↑ Baltimore City, Maryland, in United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 198, Fam 226.
Grimes, Manday, 48, widow, keeping house, b. PA, fa b. GA, mother b. PA
, Francis, son, 15, Apprentice Machinist, b. MD, fa b. MD, mo b. PA
, Florence, dau, 10, at school, b. MD
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Cecil County, Margaret Scott (1854-44), in Maryland, United States. Maryland, Probate Estate and Guardianship Files, 1796-1940. (FamilySearch Record Search), Primary quality.
In the name of God Amen I Margaret Scott of Cecil County and State of Maryland, being sick and week in body . . . .
My body to be decently buried . . . my debts and funeral charges and my board from last Christmas to the time of my death [to be ] paid . . .
to my son Sewall B. Scott $25
to my daughter Susan Kerman, wife of William Kirman, $50
to my daughter Sophia C. Todd the sum of $25
to my daughter Amanda M. Scott $25
to my daughter Julia Emma Scott $25
to my Executor my house and lot in the Northern liberties in the State of Pennsylvania, which was devised to me by the last will and testament of my late father Jacob Burkhard, to be sold as soon after my death as may be, and the proceeds applied to payment of my debts, funeral charges and board and then to the payment of the legacies herein before bequeathed to my children, and if there be any proceeds undisposed . . . to be divided between my children Sewall, Helen McCrone, Sophia Todd, Amanda M., and Julia Emma Scott . . . and none of my other children shall have any part of my estate
and my son-in-law Levi Todd of Cecil County and State of Maryland to be executor
Signed 8 April 1854, Margaret Scott
Witnesses, J. S. Hanes, Thomas S. Scott, Richd Grason
On 8 May 1854, Levi Todd entered will into probate
and John S. Hanes, Thomas S. Scott, and Richard Grayson made oath as witnesses
- ↑ Philadelphia County (Pennsylvania). Register of Wills. Wills, 1682-1916; indexes to wills, 1682-1924. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1947, 1981-1982), Volume 3, p. 189; FHL #0021732, Primary quality.
Jacob Burket of the Township of the Northern Liberties in the County of Philadelphia and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
To my wife Margaret
To my daughter Mary now intermarried with William Wilson
To my son Jacob Burket
To my daughter Elizabeth now intermarried with John Segars
To my daughter Margaret Burket
Signed 19 March 1804
Help fund new features!