b.ABT 1735 Ireland
m. ABT 1733
Facts and Events
10 iii. Margaret Anderson1, born 1738 in Ireland. She married Capt. James Allen Bef. 1756; born 1716; died 1810.
Notes for Margaret Anderson:
! (1) Carolyn Davidson Carey, 7105 E. Powers Ave., Greenwood Village , CO 80111. Cites: (a) Annals of Augusta Co., by Chalkey, Vol. III, p .177.
(2) "Anderson Genealogy," by Mary Lynn Steward, 1915/1916.
(3) E.R. Bell, 100 Andrew, Springdale, AR 72764.
(4) "Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, Extract ed from the Original Court Records of Augusta County 1745-1800," by L yman Chalkley, (Genealogical Pub. Co., Baltimore, 1966) Vol. 1, p.368 . FHL #975.591/F2s. Cites: (a) John Anderson vs. S. Mathews, Mathew a nd James Lockhart, Augusta Co., VA court (B). Chancery writ dated 2 9 Jun 1769.
(5) "Gleanings of Virginia History," by William Fletcher Boogher (1 965) p.309. FHL #975.5 H2bw.
! Birth: (1) Abt. 1735. (2) Came from Ulster, Ireland, with her pare nts bef. 1736. (1,2,5) d/o John Anderson/Jean (Jane). (5) Believed t o have been the eldest child. Born prior to 1740, between 1735/1740 , because no records of her baptism occurs in the register of Rev. Jo hn Craig, and her fist child was born 1756.
Marriage to James Allen: (1) John Allen, before 1756. (3,5) Capt. J ames Allen. (4) James Allen was son-in-law of John Anderson, 1769.
Notes for Capt. James Allen:
! (1) "Gleanings of Virginia History," by William Fletcher Boogher ( 1965) p.309. FHL #975.5 H2bw.
(2) "Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, Extract ed from the Original Court Records of Augusta County 1745-1800," by L yman Chalkley (Genealogical Pub. Co., Baltimore, 1966) Vol. 1, p.368 . FHL #975.591/F2s; Vol. 3, p.591. Cites: (a) Deed Bk 27, p.47.
! Birth: (1) Age 94 at death in 1810 (b. 1716). s/o William Allen.
Death: (1) 1810.
(1) His father William Allen was among the earliest settlers in Aug usta Co., VA.
(1) c.1746: James Allen is known to have been an elder of Augusta S tone Church as early as 1746. At his death in 1810, he had been an el der 64 years.
(1) 1756: Captain of militia, Augusta Co., VA.
(1) Participated in the Battle of Point Pleasant.
(1) 1772: Joan Poage conveyed 27 acres of land upon which the old S tone Church stands to the Rev. John Craig and the session of the chur ch. Capt. James James Allen was named as a member of the session.
(2) 1773, May: John Anderson vs. S. Mathews, Mathew and James Lockh art, Augusta Co., VA court. Chancery writ dated 29 Jun 1769. James Al len was son-in-law of John Anderson. James Allen's deposition taken i n Botetourt, 1771. Hugh Allen was James' brother.
(2a) 1790, 19 Oct: Andrew and Martha Anderson and James and Margare t Allen deed to John Griner, Augusta Co., VA, part of a tract patente d to John Anderson, dec'd, and by him conveyed in his lifetime to And rew and James.