Margaret 'Peggy' Anderson
b.ABT 1735 Ireland
m. ABT 1733
m. est. 1755
Facts and Events
There are 20 vital records available on MyHeritage for Margaret 'Peggy' Anderson, including birth records, marriage records, and death records. Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate. Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence. Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives. For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
10 iii. Margaret Anderson1, born 1738 in Ireland. She married Capt. James Allen Bef. 1756; born 1716; died 1810.
Notes for Margaret Anderson:
! (1) Carolyn Davidson Carey, 7105 E. Powers Ave., Greenwood Village , CO 80111. Cites: (a) Annals of Augusta Co., by Chalkey, Vol. III, p .177.
(2) "Anderson Genealogy," by Mary Lynn Steward, 1915/1916.
(3) E.R. Bell, 100 Andrew, Springdale, AR 72764.
(4) "Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, Extract ed from the Original Court Records of Augusta County 1745-1800," by L yman Chalkley, (Genealogical Pub. Co., Baltimore, 1966) Vol. 1, p.368 . FHL #975.591/F2s. Cites: (a) John Anderson vs. S. Mathews, Mathew a nd James Lockhart, Augusta Co., VA court (B). Chancery writ dated 2 9 Jun 1769.
(5) "Gleanings of Virginia History," by William Fletcher Boogher (1 965) p.309. FHL #975.5 H2bw.
! Birth: (1) Abt. 1735. (2) Came from Ulster, Ireland, with her pare nts bef. 1736. (1,2,5) d/o John Anderson/Jean (Jane). (5) Believed t o have been the eldest child. Born prior to 1740, between 1735/1740 , because no records of her baptism occurs in the register of Rev. Jo hn Craig, and her fist child was born 1756.
Marriage to James Allen: (1) John Allen, before 1756. (3,5) Capt. J ames Allen. (4) James Allen was son-in-law of John Anderson, 1769.
Notes for Capt. James Allen:
! (1) "Gleanings of Virginia History," by William Fletcher Boogher ( 1965) p.309. FHL #975.5 H2bw.
(2) "Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, Extract ed from the Original Court Records of Augusta County 1745-1800," by L yman Chalkley (Genealogical Pub. Co., Baltimore, 1966) Vol. 1, p.368 . FHL #975.591/F2s; Vol. 3, p.591. Cites: (a) Deed Bk 27, p.47.
! Birth: (1) Age 94 at death in 1810 (b. 1716). s/o William Allen.
Death: (1) 1810.
(1) His father William Allen was among the earliest settlers in Aug usta Co., VA.
(1) c.1746: James Allen is known to have been an elder of Augusta S tone Church as early as 1746. At his death in 1810, he had been an el der 64 years.
(1) 1756: Captain of militia, Augusta Co., VA.
(1) Participated in the Battle of Point Pleasant.
(1) 1772: Joan Poage conveyed 27 acres of land upon which the old S tone Church stands to the Rev. John Craig and the session of the chur ch. Capt. James James Allen was named as a member of the session.
(2) 1773, May: John Anderson vs. S. Mathews, Mathew and James Lockh art, Augusta Co., VA court. Chancery writ dated 29 Jun 1769. James Al len was son-in-law of John Anderson. James Allen's deposition taken i n Botetourt, 1771. Hugh Allen was James' brother.
(2a) 1790, 19 Oct: Andrew and Martha Anderson and James and Margare t Allen deed to John Griner, Augusta Co., VA, part of a tract patente d to John Anderson, dec'd, and by him conveyed in his lifetime to And rew and James.