Facts and Events
||03 JAN 1821
||09 JAN 1821
||New Jersey, United States
||12 DEC 1843
||Wayne, Indiana, United Statesto Francis Elliott
||12 APR 1845
||Indiana, United StatesQuaker dis
||Perry, Dallas, Iowa, United States
||21 SEP 1896
||Iowa, United States
||23 SEP 1896
||23 SEP 1896
||24 SEP 1896
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Clay Township, in 1850 U.S. Census, Wayne County, Indiana, pg 24, fam 701, 27 Sept 1850.
Francis Elliot 28 M Farmer 1250 NC
Lydia 30 F New Jer
Ester A. 5 F Ind.
Gulielma 3 F Ind.
Keziah 2 F Ind.
Lydia 12 F Ind.
Silas White 16 M Farmer Ind.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Violet Hill Cemetery, Perry, Dallas County, Iowa, Sect. 1-3/4 .
Lydia Wife of Francis Elliott Died Sept 21, 1896 Aged 75 yrs 8 ms 18ds.
[Calculates to 9 Jan 1821, other sources give 6 Jan as the date.]
Lydia Ogburn Elliott 1821-1896
- ↑ West Grove, in Heiss, Willard (Willard C.); William Wade Hinshaw; and Society of Friends (Indiana). Abstracts of the records of the Society of Friends in Indiana. (Indianapolis, Indiana, United States: Indiana Historical Society, 1962-1977), p.10.
- ↑ West Grove MM, in Heiss, Willard (Willard C.); William Wade Hinshaw; and Society of Friends (Indiana). Abstracts of the records of the Society of Friends in Indiana. (Indianapolis, Indiana, United States: Indiana Historical Society, 1962-1977), part 4, pg 28, 12 Apr 1845.
Lydia was disowned for marrying contrary to discipline.
- ↑ 1895 Census, Iowa, Dallas County, Pg 526, Family 43, household 43, 1895.
Francis Elliott 72 yrs b. NCar Farmer United Brethern
Lidia 74 yrs b. NJer Keeps House Friends
Kezia Elliott 46 yrs b Ind Keeps House None
Edwin F Elliott 35 yrs b Ind Carpenter (?) None
William Elliott 25 yrs b Mahaska Co Carpenter(?) None
- Lydia Elliott, in The Perry Reporter, 23 Sep 1896.
The sudden death of Mrs. Francis Elliott on Monday was a sad surprise. The deceased was a woman of great hospitality, deeply religious, and a noble wife and mother, and her death is regretted deeply by a large circle of accquaintances.
Lydia Ogburn was born in New Jersey, Jan. 9th, 1821, and in 1843 was married to Francis Elliott. They came from Indiana to Wayne Co., Iowa, in 1856 and in 1858 moved to this county, where they have since resided.
The funeral service will be held at the residence this afternoon at 2:30 o'clock.
- Lydia Elliott, in The Perry Reporter, 24 Sep 1896.
The funeral services over the remains of the late Mrs. Francis Elliott, occurred yesterday afternoon at the family residence in the northwest portion of the city.
There were handsome floral offerings, a last tribute to the memory of the deceased.
C.C. Morrison, pastor of the Christian church, conducted the service and preached a very instructive sermon.
Among the relatives from abroad who were here to attend the funeral , were Levi Ogburn of Oskaloosa, brother to the deceased, Mr. and Mrs. John Elliott of Redfield, and Mr. Rhoades and wife of Bagley.