- H. Louis Stanley Ball1901 - 1964
- W. Jean Crowe1920 - 1987
Facts and Events
||Louis Stanley Ball
||2 Feb 1901
||Plymouth, Devon, England
||31 Mar 1901
||Plymouth, Devon, England15 William Street
||18 Apr 1901
||Plymouth, Devon, EnglandChrist Church
||2 Apr 1911
||Plymouth, Devon, England26 William Street
||Devon, Englandto Jean Crowe
Louis Stanley Ball was born on 2nd February 1901 at Plymouth in Devon, son of Ellen Sarah Ball, formerly Harry, and her husband William Henry Ball, a stationary engine driver. Louis appears in both the 1901 and 1911 censuses living with his parents and siblings at William Street in Plymouth.
Louis did not marry until 1946, after the Second World War was over, by which time he was about 45 years old. His wife was Jean Crowe. They appear to have had one son in Exeter in 1949.
Louis died in Devon in 1964, aged 63.
- ↑ Births index, in General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration. (London: General Register Office), Primary quality.
b. Louis Stanley BALL, March Quarter 1901, Plymouth Registration District, Vol. 5b, page 249
- ↑ General Register Office. The National Archives (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO) RG 13 General Register Office: 1901 Census Schedules, Class RG13; Piece 2102; Folio 171; Page 42, 31 Mar 1901, Primary quality.
Address: 15 William Street, Plymouth, Devon
1 room occupied
William Ball, head, married, male, 34 [1866/7], Engine Driver Stationary, worker, b. Plymstock, Devon
Ellen Ball, wife, married, female, 35 [1865/6], b. Plymouth, Devon
Cecil Ball, son, single, male, 6 [1894/5], b. Plymouth, Devon
Louis Ball, son, single, male, 2mo , b. Plymouth, Devon
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Baptisms register, in Church of England. Parish Registers of Christ Church. (Plymouth: Plymouth and West Devon Record Office), Primary quality.
|BAPTISMS solemnized in the Parish of CHRIST CHURCH, PLYMOUTH, in the County of DEVON, in the year 18_|
|When Born||When Baptized||Child's Christian Name||Parents' Name||Abode||Quality, Trade, or Profession||By whom the Ceremony was performed|
|February 2 1901|
|April 18th 1901||Louis Stanley||William & Ellen||Ball||15 William Street||Engine Driver||W. Howard Coates, Vicar|
- ↑ General Register Office. The National Archives (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO) RG 14 General Register Office: 1911 Census Schedules, Class RG14; Piece 13001; Schedule 337, 2 Apr 1911, Primary quality.
Address: 26 William Street, Plymouth, Devon
3 rooms occupied
William Henry Ball, head, male, 44 [1866/7], married, Dock Labourer - Chemical Manufacturers, worker, b. Plymstock, Devon
Ellen Sarah Ball, wife, female, 44 [1866/7], married 17 years, 8 children born alive, 3 children still living, b. Plymouth, Devon
Cecil George Ball, son, male, 16 [1894/5], single, b. Plymouth, Devon
Louis Stanley Ball, son, male, 10 [1900/1], single, School, b. Plymouth, Devon
Millicent May Ball, daughter, female, 7 [1903/4], daughter, b. Plymouth, Devon
- ↑ Deaths index, in General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration. (London: General Register Office), Primary quality.
d. Louis S. BALL, March Quarter 1964, Newton Abbot Registration District, Volume 7a, page 600, aged 63 [1900/1]