Llewelyn the Last
b.bet abt 1223 and 1228
d.11 Dec 1282
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Llywelyn ap Gruffudd (c. 1223 – 11 December 1282), sometimes written as Llywelyn ap Gruffydd, also known as Llywelyn the Last, or, in Welsh, 'Llywelyn Ein Llyw Olaf', was King of Wales from 1258, until his death at Cilmeri, in 1282. The son of Gruffudd ap Llywelyn Fawr and grandson of Llywelyn the Great, he was the last sovereign prince and king of Wales before its conquest by Edward I of England.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Llywelyn the Last, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Llywelyn ap Gruffydd, Prince of North Wales, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- LLYWELYN (-killed in battle 10 Dec 1282), in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- ↑ Gruffudd ap Cynan 5, in Bartrum, Peter C. (Peter Clement). Welsh genealogies, AD 300-1400. (Wales: University of Wales Press, c1980).