Facts and Events
||Julia Ann Stuck
||Selinsgrove, Snyder, Pennsylvania, United StatesAlso Juliann and Julia A.
||Seneca, New York, United Statesto Richard Wilson
||1 March 1896
||Franklin, Lenawee, Michigan, United States
||2 March 1896
||Brookside Cemetery, Tecumseh, Lenawee, Michigan, United StatesNo Marker
Julia Ann Stuck (for pronunciation see S1) was born in 1805S2 to Michael Stuck Sr. and Susanna (Smith) Stuck in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania.S3 At age of 4 (1809), her family removed to a timber tract in Fayette Township, Seneca County, New York.S4 S5 S6 By June 1830, she married Richard Wilson,S1 S7 either as a common law marriage or at some unknown place. In the summer of 1837, her family, her parents, two brothers, and a sister removed to Pittsford Township, Hillsdale County, Michigan.S8 By 1845, she and her family had moved to Raisin Township, Lenawee County, Michigan.S9 About 1852, the family moved across Russell Road to 10 Acres that Richard had bought in 1851 and 1852 in Tecumseh township.S10 S11
By 1880 with all their children gone, she and her husband had moved to a residence across North Adrian Highway to be next door to the oldest son, Michael, in Franklin Township.S12 Her husband died in 1882.S13 S14 Sometime after her husband's death, she moved in with her oldest son, Michael.S15 On October 16, 1894, she was beaten by her oldest son, Michael, and his second wife, Louisa (Hoople) Wilson.S16 For a time as a result of the legal action, Julia Ann was put in the Poor House in Adrian.S17 Apparently, things got better between mother and son because Julia Ann died in Michael's home 17 months later.S18 She is buried next to her husband in Brookside Cemetery, Tecumseh, Michigan.S19
- Julia Ann (Stuck) Wilson, Letter from Michael Stuck (Jr) 1880. (Personal Communication).
- ↑ Julia Ann Stuck, Birthdate Calculation.
- Julia Ann Stuck, Birthplace.
- Matthias Stock, New York Deed of Sale 1. (Deed Records for Seneca County, New York).
- Michael Stock, New York Deed of Sale 1. (Deed Records of Seneca County, New York).
- John Stock, New York Deed of Sale 1.
- Michael Wilson Death Record.
- The Stucks Come To Michigan. ("Portrait And Biographical Album of Hillsdale County, Michigan", Chapman Brothers 1888).
- 1845 Michigan State Census, Raisin Township, Lenawee County. (1845 Michigan State Census).
- Richard Willson, Deed of Sale 1.
- Richard Willson, Deed of Sale 2.
- 1880 U.S. Census, Franklin Township, Lenawee County, MI.
- Michigan Pioneer Collection. (Michigan Pioneer And Historical Collection, Vol. 5, Lansing Mich.: W.S. George & Co., State Printers & Binders, 1884).
- Richard Wilson Obituary. (The Tecumseh Herald, 26 January 1882, Page 5).
- 1894 Michigan State Census, Franklin Township, Lenawee County.
- Michael Wilson, Horsewhipping Incident. (Adrian Daily Times and Expositor).
- Julia Ann Wilson to Poor House. (The Michigan Messenger).
- Julia Ann Wilson Obituary. (Tecumseh Herald, Tecumseh, Michigan).
- Brookside Cemetery Sexton Records.
Help fund new features!