Judith , Princess of Flanders
m. 13 Dec 842
- Judith , Princess of Flanders
- Louis II "The Stammerer" , King of France
- Charles "the Child" , of France
- Lothaire , Prince of the West Franks
- Carloman , Son of Charles the Bald
- Rotrude , Princess of the West Franks
- Ermentrud , Princess of France
- Hildegarde , Princess of the West Franks
- Gisele , Princess of The West Franks
- Alberade , Duchess of Lorraine
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Judith of Flanders (or Judith of France) (c. 843 – c. 870) was the eldest daughter of the Frankish King and Holy Roman Emperor Charles the Bald and his wife Ermentrude of Orléans. Through her marriages to two Kings of Wessex, Æthelwulf and Æthelbald, she was twice a queen. Her first two marriages were childless, but through her third marriage to Baldwin, she became the first Countess of Flanders and an ancestress of later Counts of Flanders. One of her sons by Baldwin married Ælfthryth, a daughter of Æthelbald's brother, Alfred the Great. She was also an ancestress of Matilda of Flanders, the consort of William the Conqueror, and thus of later monarchs of England.
- ↑ Judith of Flanders, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- (CH1)Pedigrees of Some of The Emperor Charlemagne's Descendants Vol. I, p.235.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis; Walter Lee Sheppard; and David Faris. Ancestral roots of certain American colonists, who came to America before 1700: the lineage of Alfred the Great, Charlemagne, Malcolm of Scotland, Robert the Strong, and some of their descendants. (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Pub. Co., 7th Edition c1992), p. 142.
- Gens Nostra 1990, 365.
- KdG reeks 2 van der Meijden.
- Judith, Princesse de France, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- Judith, in Baldwin, Stewart, and Todd Farmerie. The Henry Project (King Henry II ): Ancestors of King Henry II.