Facts and Events
- ↑ Chelmsford, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States. Vital records of Chelmsford, Massachusetts, to the End of the Year 1849. (Salem, Massachusetts: Essex Institute, 1914), p. 19.
BARRETT, Joseph, s. Joseph and Martha, [born] Feb. 24, 1690. CT.R.
[Note: 1690/01 assumed due to typical usage of the time, and birth of brother Josiah in July 1688 so that later, rather than earlier, interpretation give more typical spacing.]
- ↑ Chelmsford, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States. Vital records of Chelmsford, Massachusetts, to the End of the Year 1849. (Salem, Massachusetts: Essex Institute, 1914), p. 362.
BARRAT, Joseph, bur. July 22, 1743. CR1
- ↑ Barrett, Joseph Hartwell. "Thomas Barrett of Braintree, William Barrett of Cambridge, and Their Early Descendants", in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), Vol. 42, p. 260.
Children of Joseph Barrett [#4] and Martha Gould: Joseph [#7], b. 24 Feb 1690, m. 24 Mar 1714 Mary Taylor.
- ↑ Film 386013 Files 1208-1268, in Massachusetts. Probate Court (Middlesex County). Probate records, 1648-1924. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1964-1967), File 1223: Joseph Barret 1742.
15 Sep 1743: Bond of Mary Barret Widow to administer "Estate of her late Husband Mr Joseph Barret late of s'd Chelmsford Dece'd Intestate".
18 Jan 1744: Inventory of Real Estate of Joseph Barit late of Chelmsford Dece'd", thirds set off to "widow Mary barit Relict of ye Desesed"
7 Jan 1744: petition to settle real estate: signed by Mary Barrett, Joseph Barrett, Job Spaulding, Zachary Walker, Benj Chamberlin gaurdian for Nathanel Barret, Oliver Barret,
Reuben Barret [crossed out] and Sarah Barrett. Also, added to paper: Nathaniel Barret in the twenty first year of his age and Oliver Barret in the seventh year of his age sons of Joseph Barret Late of Chelmsford ...chosen Mr Benj. Chamberlain of said Chelmsford to be their Guardian ... Also the widdo of the Deceased Desires that the same Mr Benj. Chamberlain may be Guardian for Sarah Barret in the Thirteenth year of her age."
24 Jun 1745 "The widow present & Content. [smudge, Benjamin] Chamberlain the Guardian of the Children likewise present & content." list of children: Joseph, Nath'l, Oliver, Reuben, Lidia Spaulding, Martha Walker, Sarah.
15 Apr 1746: Mary Barret the adminstr'x presented the foregoing [accounting] & made oath...
17 Apr 1746: "Joseph Barret & Nathaniel Barret - two of the Children of Joseph Barret late of Chelmsford" given "two third parts of the Real Estate of the said Dece'd", Nathaniel to pay administratrix for charges, to sisters Lydia Spaulding, Martha Walker and Sarah Barret, "Eldest Son" Joseph to pay his brothers Oliver Barret & Reuben Barret and his sister Lydia Spaulding.
- The cited article says "Joseph3 died Dec. 22, 1812, 'a. 91'." Clearly this is in error, as this does not apply to this Joseph, as shown by his birthdate, and by his probate in 1743. It appears to apply to his son, but the source of this information has yet to be located to verify that.