m. 29 Jan 1658/1659
- Jan Gerritsen Van Campen1661 - 1745
Facts and Events
From the Proud to be a Van Camp Family Web Site 11/26/2001:
Posted by Robert Shaw - Nov 25, 2001
When we were discussing Fudge Van Camp, somebody asked for the information indicating that Jan Van Campen owned slaves. This comes from an abstract (fact extraction) of the will of Jan, grandfather of Peter (b.1721):
Abstract of the will of John (Jan) Van Campen of Somerset Co., N.J., made March 25 1745, proved May 3, 1745.
Debts to be paid out of bond of 100 pounds given by Wessel Brodhead. Wife, Tietje; Children, John Jun'r, eldest; Isaac; Cornelius, Heyltie, wife of Jacob DeWitt; grandchildren, John Cock, Jun'r (under 5 years), son of daughter Jannitje, deceased; John, Partris (Petrus), Heyltie, children of son Jacob, deceased, provided last three discharge bond of Everson, given by their father, Jacob van Campen and myself. Personal estate includes slaves Plato and Betty. Witnesses: Albert Low, Ari Mollinare, John Broughton.
The abstract appears in the New Jersey Archives, vol. 30, p. 494.
[Brøderbund WFT Vol. 9, Ed. 1, Tree #3719, Date of Import: Jan 30, 2000]
! Kingston NY Baptisms.
- ↑ Hoes, Roswell Randall. Baptismal and marriage registers of the Old Dutch Church of Kingston: Ulster County, New York (formerly Named Wiltwyck and often familiarly called Esopus or 'Sopus), for One Hundred and Fifty Years from their commencement in 1660. (New York, 1891), baptism # 5.
Parents: Gerret Jansen van Campen, Machtelt Stoffels
Child and date: Jan, 18 April 1661
Witnesses and Sponsors: Jacob Jansen van Campen, Jurial Westvaal, MarretjenHansen, Tryntje Tyssen Bos.
- ↑ Hoes Bapt number 5. 18 Apr 1661. Gerret Jansen van Campen & Machtelt Stoffels. Child JAN. Witn: Jacob Jansen van Campen. Jurian Westvaal. Mar.
- Mary McIntosh email@example.com) (http:/awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi question op=GET&db=mary mcintosh&id=I22 483).
- Robert A. Jackson, GEDCOM file imported on 29 Oct 2001. Robert A. Jackson genealogy..
- GEDCOM file submitted by Otis Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Created on 20 APR 2003. Imported on 20 May 2007..
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Brøderbund Software, Inc. World Family Tree Vol. 9, Ed. 1. (Release date: March 31, 1997), Tree #3719.
Date of Import: Jan 30, 2000
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Sara McAnally. Knox.ged.
Date of Import: Feb 3, 2000
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Sara McAnally. Knox.ged.
Date of Import: Feb 4, 2000
- ↑ Birth date approximated from the baptismal record.