Facts and Events
||James Alexander Tolle
||21 Dec 1855
||Barren co., Kentucky, United StatesJames Alexander was born to William A. Tolle and Frances A. Matthews of Barren Co.
||1 Jun 1870
||Solomon twp., Saline co., Kansas, United States(in the Salina postal area)
James Towle was residing with [his father] William A. Towle (occ. farmer), [mother] Frances A. Towle, [siblings] Amanda E. Towle, Robert S. Towle, Lucinda A. Towle, [uncle] James P. Towle (occ. farm labourer), and [aunt] Lucinda O. “Mathers” [actually “Matthews”] (occ. domestic servant). (No relationships are recorded in this census.) It was recorded that James attended school.
||31 Mar 1884
||McPherson co., Kansas, United StatesA license was issued by Probate Judge C. O. Spencer for James A. Tolle, age 28, and Lovie J. Tolle, age 20, both of McPherson Co. (They were second cousins.)
to Lovie J. Tolle
||2 Apr 1884
||McPherson co., Kansas, United StatesJames and Lovie were joined in marriage by N. A. Porter, preacher of the Methodist Episcopal Church.
to Lovie J. Tolle
||31 May 1914
||Gypsum Creek twp., McPherson co., Kansas, United States
||1 Jun 1914
||and 9 Jun 1914, in Daily Republican (no page ref.); and 12 Jun 1914, in Democrat-Opinion (no page ref.)
||Eureka Cemetery, Gypsum Creek twp., McPherson co., Kansas, United StatesThe grave marker was inscribed, “JAMES A. TOLLE 1855-1914”.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Barren County (Kentucky). Clerk of the County Court. Births, marriages, deaths. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1960, 1975), FHL #216816 [item 2]. From record indexed in “Kentucky Births and Christenings, 1839-1960,” database, FamilySearch. The original source has not been verified.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ancestry.com. Kentucky Birth Records, 1852-1910. (Online: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007), Barren Co., 1855.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 “James A. Tolle”, in Find A Grave, memorial 48213054. Viewed digital image of grave marker.
- ↑ Solomon twp., Saline, Kansas, in United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, roll 442 (FHL # 545941), f 41, p 8, dwelling 92, family 78, William A. Towle household, enumerated 14 July 1870.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Tolle, James Alexander, in McPherson Public Library obituary index. (Online: McPherson Public Library).
Note: spouse Lovie J. Tolle.