Facts and Events
1850 Census Missouri Twp, Pike Co., Arkansas
James B. Jackson 32 M Farmer GA
Elizabeth Jackson 24 F TENN
Andrew J. Jackson 5 M ARK
Elizabeth Jackson 3 F ARK
Sarah D. Jackson 10/12 F ARK
1860 Census Twp n/s, Johnson Co., Texas
Post Office: Comanche Peak, Texas
Jas. P. Jackson 40 M farmer GA
Elizabeth Jackson 30 F housewife TN
Andrew Jackson 15 M ARK
Elizabeth Jackson 11 F ARK
Sarah Jackson 9 F ARK
Mahala Jackson 7 F ARK
Milly Jackson 5 F ARK
Franklin Jackson 2 M ARK
So it appears that the family migrated to Texas sometime between 1858 and 1860.
1870 Census Precinct 1, Montague Co., Texas
Jackson, James B. 52 M W Farmer GA
Jackson, Elizabeth 42 F W housekeeper TN
Jackson, Mahala 18 F W ARK
Jackson, Miley 16 F W ARK
Jackson, Jackson B. 12 M W ARK
the rest of this record was continued on the page for Precinct 2, Montague Co., Texas:
Jackson, Senna 12 F W ARK
Jackson, Eliza 6 F W TEX
Jackson, Drucilla 1 F W TEX
Jackson, Andrew 23 M W works on Farm ARK
In 1870 James and his family were enumerated next hh to the McDonalds.
- ↑ Research of Bob Mitchell: Jackson and Associated Families of North and South Carolina trees.ancestry.com/tree/.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Research of Helen Thompson Strange hkstrange add the at sbcglobal add the dot net.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Find A Grave, Memorial# 50553273.
- United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Missouri Twp, Pike Co., Arkansas.
- United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Twp n/s, Johnson Co., Texas.
- United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Precinct 1, Montague Co., Texas.
- Wilson, Wendell H., website: Descendants of my Ancestors www.goldwingbums.org/genealogy/surname index.htm.
Mr. Wilson's source: North & West Texas History by B. B. Paddock, Vol. II, pp. 115-116.