Hedwige , of Saxony
d.9 Jan 958
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Hedwige of Saxony (also Hedwig, Hadwig) (c. 910 – May 10, 965) was a member of the Ottonian dynasty and a descendant of Charlemagne. She was married to Hugh the Great. Their son, Hugh Capet was the founder of the Capetian dynasty.
- Hedwige of Saxony, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- (SoN)Story of the Normans. (Sarah Orne Jewett; New York: Putnam Press, 1888), p.63.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 HEDWIG (-9 Jan [958 or after 965])., in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- Hedwig von Sachsen, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- Hadwig of Saxony (Hatheuui, Haduidis, Hathawig), in Baldwin, Stewart, and Todd Farmerie. The Henry Project (King Henry II ): Ancestors of King Henry II.