Tuscola Fire Department, in Tuscola, Strolling Through the Past.
...Finally, on December 6, 1881 approval was given to issue bonds in the amount of $2,500 to purchase the firefighting equipment.... Henry Niles was appointed the first fire chief. Two companies were formed of volunteers from the community. The names of the members were: Company No. 1 named “Tuscola” - H. Madison, Captain; B. G. Madison,... Tuscola Fire Department
The opera house of Tuscola, owned by the Harry Madison estate, is a very creditable affair. It has a seating capacity of about seven hundred and a very well sceneried stage, with mirrors on either side, and is very ornate.