Facts and Events
||Francois Xavier Benoit
||2 Mar 1779
||Carencro, Lafayette, Louisiana, USAAlternate: Born at Ascension
||13 Jun 1779
||Godparents Joseph Braud & Monica Guidry
||8 Sep 1807
||Saint Martinville, St Martin, Louisiana, USAMarguerite was the daughter of Michel Trahan of the lower Vermilion valley
to Madeline Marguerite Trahan
||Lafourche Parish, Louisiana
||LaFourche Parish, Louisiana, United States
||31 Jul 1823
||Lafayette, Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
||31 Jul 1823
Francois Xavier, called Xavier, born at Ascension in March 1779, married [Madeline] Marguerite, daughter of fellow Acadian Michel Trahan of the lower Vermilion valley, at the St. Martinville church, St. Martin Parish, in September 1807.
Xavier died by July 1823, when his succession record was filed at the Vermilionville courthouse; he would have been 44 years old that year.
After the death of Xavier Benoit, his widow Marguerite Trahan married Michael Ellender on 17 Jan 1829 (Opel Ct Hse : Mar #10)
- ↑ 1810 Louisiana Census, Series: M252 Roll: 10 Page: 161, 1810.
- ↑ 1820 Census Louisiana, Series: M33 Roll: 30 Page: 40, 1820.
- Acadians Who Found Refuge in Louisiana, February 1764-early 1800s.
- Hébert, Donald J. Southwest Louisiana Records: Church and Civil Records of Settlers, 1756-1810. (Eunice, Louisiana: Hebert Publications, 1974-), Volume 1.
- Benoit, Francois Xavier (Etienne & Magdeleine Breaux) m Marguerite Trahan (SM Ch)
- Benoit, Xavier of Manchac (Etienne & Marie Brau) m Marguerite Trahan (SM Ch)
- Benoit, Zavier (Etienne & Magdeleine Brau) m Marguerite Trahan (SM Ch)
- ↑ 1810 Census
- ↑ 1820 Census
Help fund new features!