Francelia M. Brown
Facts and Events
||Francelia M. Brown
||to Daniel Lockwood
||Wyandotte, Wyandotte, Kansas
||Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
||St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouriwith Daniel Lockwood
||Chicago, Cook, Illinois, United StatesWard 2
||Chicago, Cook, Illinois
FRANCELIA M. BROWN was born in 1844 at New York. Francelia always listed her birthplace as New York in the census records, however her daughter Olive's death certificate lists her birthplace as Rock Island Illinois. Francelia's Father was listed as being born in Rhode Island and her Mother from New York, except for the 1880 census, when they were both listed in New York.
She married DANIEL LOCKWOOD. They were likely married about 1863. Francelia was 19 in 1863 and daughter Helen was born in that year. Daniel was 13 years older than she.
Their first three children Helen, Olive, and Hattie, were all born in Illinois. Daughter Olive was born in Rock Island Illinois, so it is probable that Helen and Hattie were born there as well. Sometime between 1868 when Hattie was born in Illinois and 1873 they moved to Missouri where son Fredrick was born.
Francelia reported on the 1900 census that she was a widow and was married for 25 years. That means that Daniel likely died around 1888. Francelia was 44 in 1888. Frederick was 15 and the girls were 18 to 25.
In the 1900 census Francelia reported that 2 of her 4 children were dead. Since Olive and Helen were alive in 1900 that means that both Hattie and Frederick had died by 1900.
In 1900 she was living at the American Medical Missionary along with her daughter Helen.S7 By 1901 she and Helen had moved to an apartment building at 4636 Vincennes Avenue. Her newly married grand-daughter Lillie Parke and husband Charles Butt lived in the same building with them.S4
Francelia appears in several pictures with her daughter Olive and grand-daughter Lillie. The latest was dated in 1923. It is not yet known when Francelia died. It is possible that this record from the Database of Illinois Death Certificates may be for her. She generally reported her self as "F.M." in her census records"
LOCKWOOD FRANCES MARY F/W UNK 5200233 1932-04-30 COOK EVANSTON 32-05-02
- ↑ Madeline Hyde Kowalsky. Hyde/Butt Family Records. (Family Records, 2000), Secondary quality.
- ↑ Olive Lockwood Parke Death Certificate. (Cook County Clerks Office), Primary quality.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 1870 US Federal Population Census: Wyandotte Ward 2, Wyandotte County, Kansas, 1870, Primary quality.
- ↑ 1910 US Federal Population Census: 6-Wd Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, 1910, Primary quality.
- ↑ Firrst Enumeration, in 1880 US Federal Population Census: Saint Louis, Saint Louis County, Missouri, 1880, Primary quality.
- ↑ Second Enumeration, in 1880 US Federal Population Census: Saint Louis, Saint Louis County, Missouri (2), 1880, Primary quality.
- ↑ 1900 US Federal Population Census: Chicago Ward 2, 1900, Primary quality.
- ↑ Francelia appears in a photograph from circa 1923.