King Edward IV of England
Facts and Events
||King Edward IV of England
||Edward of York
||28 Apr 1442
||Rouen, Seine-Maritime, FranceHouse of York
||bet 4 Mar 1460/61 and 9 Apr 1483
||EnglandReigning King of England
|Ancestral File Number
||28 Jun 1461
||Westminster Abbey, Westminster, Middlesex, EnglandCrowned
||1 May 1464
||Grafton Regis, Northamptonshire, Englandto Elizabeth Woodville
||9 Apr 1483
||Westminster, Middlesex, England
||18 Apr 1483
||St. George's Chapel, Windsor, Berkshire, England
Cohabitation without marriage formalities?
to Elizabeth Lucy
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Edward IV (28 April 1442 – 9 April 1483) was the King of England from 4 March 1461 until 3 October 1470, and again from 11 April 1471 until his death in 1483. He was the first Yorkist King of England. The first half of his rule was marred by the violence associated with the Wars of the Roses, but he overcame the Lancastrian challenge to the throne at Tewkesbury in 1471 to reign in peace until his sudden death. Before becoming king, he was 4th Duke of York, 7th Earl of March, 5th Earl of Cambridge and 9th Earl of Ulster. He was also the 65th Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Edward IV of England, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- Edward IV Plantagenet, King of England, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- EDWARD of York, son of RICHARD Duke of York & his wife Cecily Neville (Rouen 28 Apr 1442-Palace of Westminster 10 Apr 1483, bur St George’s Chapel, Windsor)., in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- King Edward IV, in Find A Grave.
- Cokayne, George Edward, and Vicary Gibbs; et al. The complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant [2nd ed.]. (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910-59), Volume 3 page 246.
Help fund new features!