Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Eadric (or Edric) Streona (died 1017 CE) was an ealdorman of the English Mercians. His name a loose translation of the Anglo-Saxon "the Grasper." Streona is historically regarded as the greatest traitor of the Anglo-Saxon period in English history.
- ↑ Eadric Streona, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- EADRIC "Streona/the Acquisitor" (-murdered London 25 Dec 1017), in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- ↑ Thorpe, Benjamin. Florentii Wigorniensis. (London: Sumptibus Societatis, 1848), 1:181-182.
- ↑ William of Malmesbury, and Thomas Duffus Hardy (ed.). Gesta Regum Anglorum: atque Historia Novella. (London: Sumptibus Societatis, 1840), p. 305.