Dafydd ap Gruffydd
b.11 Jul 1238
d.3 Oct 1283
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Dafydd ap Gruffydd (or Dafydd ap Gruffudd, angl. David, son of Gruffydd; ) (11 July (?) 1238 – 3 October 1283) was Prince of Wales from 11 December 1282 until his execution on 3 October 1283 by King Edward I of England. He was the last independent ruler of Wales.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dafydd ap Gruffydd, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- DAFYDD (-beheaded Shrewsbury 29 Sep 1283), in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- Dafydd ap Llywelyn, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- Gruffudd ap Cynan 5, in Bartrum, Peter C. (Peter Clement). Welsh genealogies, AD 300-1400. (Wales: University of Wales Press, c1980).
- Dafydd ap Gruffydd, in Welsh Biography Online.