Charlotte Jemima FitzRoy
- Charlotte Jemima FitzRoy1650 - 1684
- H. James Howard - 1669
- W. Charlotte Jemima FitzRoy1650 - 1684
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Charlotte Jemima Henrietta Maria FitzRoy ( – 28 July 1684) was one of the many acknowledged illegitimate children of Charles II of England.
Her mother, Elizabeth Killigrew Boyle, wife of Francis Boyle (afterwards Viscount Shannon in Ireland), had been a maid of honour to Charles II's mother, Queen Henrietta Maria.
Charlotte married firstly James Howard, with whom she had a daughter, Stuarta. In 1672 she married William Paston, later the second Earl of Yarmouth, a member of the Paston family, and had issue. Both William and his father were in high favour with the Stuarts.
Charlotte, Lady Yarmouth, died on 28 July 1684 in London and was buried at Westminster Abbey on 4 August 1684.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Charlotte Jemima FitzRoy, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- Charlotte Jemima Henrietta Maria FitzRoy, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.