Facts and Events
||20 JUN 1908
||Allen, Indiana, United Statesd/o John Leichty & Sarah Neuhauser
||24 SEP 1932
||Allen, Indiana, United Statess/o Josiah M. Miller & Fannie Yoder, of LaGrange Co.; d/o John Leichty & Sarah Newhouser, of Fort Wayne
to Clyde J. Miller
||25 SEP 1932
||Allen, Indiana, United Statesto Clyde J. Miller
||25 MAY 2005
||Goshen, Elkhart, Indiana, United Statesat Greencroft Goshen (retirement community)
||30 MAY 2005
||Leo Memorial Cemetery, Leo-Cedarville, Allen, Indiana, United States
|Soc Sec No
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, [Ancestry.com online database], SSN 314-44-4617, issued Indiana, 1960.
Bertha Miller; born 20 June 1908; died 25 May 2005; ZIP code of last address of record, 46526 (Goshen, Indiana).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ancestry.com. Indiana Births, 1880-1920. (Online database: Ancestry.com Operations Inc., 2000), record cites Allen County, Indiana, Index to Birth Records, 1887-1920 Inclusive, vol 3 (K-Rich), bk H-9, p 33.
Bertha Leichty; father John; mother Sarah Neuhauser; female, born 20 June 1908, in Allen Co.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Gravestone in Leo Memorial Cemetery, Cedar Creek Twp., in NSDAR. Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter (Fort Wayne, Indiana). Allen County Indiana Cemetery Project. (Online: RootsWeb, 2008-2011), digital image, accessed 9 June 2011.
“MILLER; GAROLD C., MAR. 10, 1943, INFANT SON; BERTHA (LEICHTY) 1908-2005; CLYDE J. 1905-1998; MARRIED SEPT. 25, 1932”
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 “Bertha Miller”, in The Elkhart Truth. (Elkhart, Indiana), [viewed in Ancestry.com online United States Obituary Collection], p A6, Friday, 27 May 2005.
Bertha Miller, age 96; born 20 June 1908, in Allen County, to John and Sarah (Neuhouser) Leichty; died 7:45 p.m. Wednesday 25 May 2005, at Greencroft Healthcare, Goshen. She married 25 Sept. 1932, to Clyde J. Miller (died 1998). She was a homemaker; worked at Towne House Healthcare Center, Fort Wayne; retired in 1983; member of Clinton Brick Mennonite Church; former member of North Leo Mennonite Church; volunteered at the Dove's Nest, Fort Wayne.
Survived by daughter, Diane (Vernon) Heacock (Goshen); sons, Forrest D. (Anne) Miller, Donald C. (Sylvia) Miller, Cliff C. Miller, and Harold C. (Carol) Miller (all Goshen); 13 grandchildren; 8 great-grandchildren; brother, Paul (Marietta) Leichty (Leo); sister, Violet Perry (Leo). Preceded by son, Garold; sisters, Allie Short, Katie Leichty, Anna Bauman, Mary Martin, Elnora Bailey, Velma Hostetler, and Lucille King; brothers, Amos, Noah, John, Albert, Herman, and Raymond Leichty.
Visitation Sunday [29 May 2005], at Rieth-Rohrer-Ehret Funeral Home. Funeral at 11 a.m. Monday [30 May 2005], at North Leo Mennonite Church, Leo, with Rev. Ron Kennel of Clinton Brick Mennonite Church officiating. Burial at Leo Memorial Cemetery.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Name, date and location from Marriage Records, see the references for her marriage.
Help fund new features!