Bartholomew de Badlesmere, 1st Baron Badlesmere
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Bartholomew de Badlesmere, 1st Baron Badlesmere (circa 1275 - 14 April 1322), English soldier, Member of Parliament, landowner and nobleman, was the son and heir of Gunselm de Badlesmere (died circa 1301). He fought in the English army both in France and Scotland during the later years of the reign of Edward I of England and the earlier part of the reign of Edward II of England.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bartholomew de Badlesmere, 1st Baron Badlesmere, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- ↑ Browning, Charles Henry. Some "Colonial Dames" of Royal Descent, p 227.
- Bartholomew de Badlesmere, 1st Lord Badlesmere, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- ↑ Cokayne, George Edward, and Vicary Gibbs; et al. The complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant [2nd ed.]. (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910-59), Volume 1 page 371 and 372.
- Moor, Charles. Knights of Edward I. (London: Harleian Society], 1929-1932), Volume 1, pages 31-32.