Facts and Events
Early reports were uncertain whether Ann came to New England with her sons, but according to the latest by Robert Charles ANDERSON in "The Great Migration Begins" she did not (p68) (LANE)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pierce, Frederick Clifton. Batchelder, Batcheller genealogy: descendants of Rev. Stephen Bachiler of England, a leading non- conformist, who settled the town of New Hampton, New Hampshire, and Joseph, Henry, Joshua and John Batcheller of Essex Co., Massachusetts. (Chicago, Ill. : : Press of W.B. Conkey Company, , 1898), 109.
Ann Batchelder, b. 1601, m. about 1619 John Sanborn. "It has been supposed that the widow, Anne Samborne, came [to America] with her children, but no definite record of her life here has been discovered."
- ↑ Greene, Mary J. Ancestry and descendants of Deacon David Batchelder of Hampton Falls, New Hampshire: born January 13, 1736, died March 11, 1811. (Hampton Falls, N. H.: Batchelder Reunion Association, 1902., 1902), 7.
Children of Stephen Bachiler by is first marriage: 6) Anne, b. 1600, m. about 1619 John Sanborne.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hampton, New Hampshire, Area Genealogy, Ann Batchelder.
Ann Batchelder, b. Wherwell, Hampshire, England abt. 1601, d. England, m. (1) abt 1620 --- Sanborn, m. (2)20 Jan 1631/32 in Strood, Kent, England Henry Atkinson.
- ↑ Austin, John Osborne. One Hundred and Sixty Allied Families. (Salem, Massachusetts, 1893), 37.
1631, 6, 23. Two days later [after her father was given license to emigrate], Ann Sanburn, widow, aged thirty years, resident in the Strand, had license to go to "Vlushing"
1632, 6, 5. Her father arrived in Boston in ship "William & Francis" with a party including three children of his daughter Ann who had died.
- ↑ "New Material on Rev. Stephen Bachiler Family", in The Second boat. (Machias, Maine: The News-Journal), Vol. 16, p. 9, 1995.
Will of Henry Atkinson of St. Sepulchre, London, dated 6 Aug 1640, proved 3 Feb 1640/41, names mother Ellen Atkinson, sister Elizabeth Appleby, son Henry [under age], wife Anne and other relatives.
Help fund new features!