Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Gerloc (or Geirlaug), baptised in Rouen as Adela (or Adèle) in 912, was the daughter of Rollo, first duke of Normandy, and his wife, Poppa. She was the sister of Duke William Longsword.
In 935, she married William Towhead, the future count of Poitou and duke of Aquitaine. They had two children together before she died on 14 October 962:
- Gerloc, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- (SoN)Story of the Normans. (Sarah Orne Jewett; New York: Putnam Press, 1888), p.43.
- Adele de Normandie, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- ↑ GERLOC (-after 969), in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.