Facts and Events
||16 Dec 1792
||Groton, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
||28 Jun 1819
||Medford, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United Statesto Katherine Bigelow
||18 Aug 1855
||Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
||Mount Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Abbott Lawrence (December 16, 1792, Groton, Massachusetts – August 18, 1855) was a prominent American businessman, politician, and philanthropist. He founded Lawrence, Massachusetts.
- ↑ Groton, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States. Vital Records of Groton, Massachusetts, to the End of the Year 1849. (Salem, Massachusetts: Essex Institute, 1926-1927), p. 135.
LAWRANCE, Abbot, s. Dea. Samuel and Susanna [(Parker). CR1], [born] Dec. 16, 1792.
- ↑ Massachusetts, United States. Massachusetts Deaths, 1841-1915, .
Deaths registered in the City of Boston for the year 1855.
Date of Death: Aug. 18 
Name: Abbott Lawrence
Age: 62 y. 8 m. 2 d. [birth calculates to about 16 Dec 1792]
Place of Death: Death
Cause: Disease of Liver
Sex and Condition: M. M.
Place of Birth: Groton
Parents: Samuel & Susanna
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 FindAGrave: Mount Auburn Cemtery, Cambridge, MA, in Find A Grave, Abbott Lawrence.
BORN AT GROTON,
MASSACHUSETTS, DECEMBER , 1792.
DIED AT BOSTON
AUGUST , 1855.
[Note: text hard to discern in a few places, assumed to match other sources.]
- ↑ Lawrence, Robert Means. The descendants of Major Samuel Lawrence of Groton, Mass., with some mention of allied families. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1985), p. 7, 49.
Abbott Lawrence, s/o Samuel Lawrence and Susanna Parker, b. 16 Dec 1792, d. Boston 18 Aug 1855, m. 28 Jun 1819 Katharine Bigelow