"Marriage Record of the First Presbyterian Church of Philadelphia, 1702-1745," pp. 3-78
Edited by John B. Linn and Wm. H. Egle, M.D.
Harrisburg: Lane S. Hart, State Printer, 1880.
Intermediate Source Rootsweb Archives
|1, 21, 1733|| Houston, George||and Anne Fullerton, L.||
|11, 31, 1732||Houston, Hugh|| and Jane Mearnes, L.||
|11, 23, 1732, ||Houston, James|| and Mary Mahaffy. ||
|5, 27, 1721,|| Houston, James||and Mary Crasford.||
|10, 31, 1734, ||Houston, Robert||and Martha Work, L. ||Robert is commonly believed to be the father of Person:Christopher Houston (1) of Iredell County, NC
NBL "L.", indicates "license to marry issued".
Data:Houston Marriage Records at First Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia, 1702-1745
Robert Huston Data
Robert Huston b. 1730 Scotland.
- Christened in Philadelphia,
- Married Crawford in 1755 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Moved to Person, North Carolina.
- Mollie Huston Christened in Harper's River, Tennessee.
- George Huston christened in Tennessee.
- James Huston
- William Huston b. 8 Feb 1760
- Jane Huston
Data for son William
William Huston b. 8 Feb 1760 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Cristened in Person, North Carolina or, Daviess, Kentucky.
- Married 1) Agness Abt 1782 in, Washington, Pennsylvania.
- Counted in a census 1 1790 in Caswell, North Carolina.
- Married 2) Susan Allin 26 Jan 1785 in Caswell, North Carolina.
- born Petersburg, Virginia.
- christened in Person, North Carolina
- Died in , Daviess, Kentucky.
- John Huston b. abt 1786 in North Carolina.
- Benjamin Huston b. 27 May 1788.
- Lucy Huston b. Abt 1791. D, on 1 May 1864.
- Ann (Nancy) Huston b 17 Aug 1795 in , Person, North Carolina. Died in Kentucky.
- Susan Huston
From:Ancestry Huston Board April 2004
Robert Huston (b. unk, d. unk) of Londonderry, Ireland; immigrated through Philadelphia with wife (1) Agnes (b. unk, m. unk, d. 9/15/1772) and infant son John (b. 4/13/1772, d. unk), leaving from Londonderry 6/23/1772 and arriving in Philly 8/27/1782.
Agnes died shortly after arrival and Robert married (2) Pleasant Satterthwaite (b. 5/21/1745, m. unk d. unk),
daughter of William Satterthwaite and Pleasant Mead.