From Carolyn Shearer
Letter of Introduction for Alexander Walker in possession of Donald Walker of Fannettsburg c1989):
"That the bearer Alexander Walker haveing resolved to transport himself and family to America not for any misdeameanor committed by him, but with a view to better his fortune both as to his religious and civil capacity, we hereby certify he has lived with us from his infancy, behaving himself in a Christian sober manner, and has enjoyed such privileges as Christians claim and is now free from scandal known to us. We therefore recommend him a fit person to be received a member of the Church of Christ. (signed)
Family Bible of Alexander Walker, possession of Donald Walker of Fannettsburg, PA, 1989.
"Alexander Walker his book bought in the year of our Lord 1755.
Written August 30 1756."
On another page - Old handwriting - In the same hand, but appears to be done at different dates.
Loose papers in the Bible - All appear to be very old.
The first person buried in the graveyard of the Lower Church Path Valley was Francis McConnell who was buried 25 day of December 1769.
Alexander Walker and Family arrived in Path Valley from Chester County on the 3 day of May 1761."
James Walker was taken prisoner by the Indians in August 1762.
The Indians burnt the barn of James and Samuel Walker on the night of the 22nd of March 1763."
1. ALEXANDER1 WALKER was born Abt. 1700 in Malin, County Donegal, Ireland, died 01 May 1775 in Fannett Twp, Cumberland, now Franklin Co, PA. He married MARY LNU Bef. 1734 in Ireland. She was born Abt. 1710 in Malin, County Donegal, Ireland, and died 06 Oct 1774 in Fannett Twp, Cumberland, now Franklin Co, PA.
Children of ALEXANDER WALKER and MARY LNU are:
i. JAMES2 WALKER, b. Abt. 1734, Malin, County Donegal, Ireland; d. 24 Apr 1788, Fannett Twp, Cumberland Co, now Metal Twp, Franklin Co, PA. dsp.
2. ii. SAMUEL WALKER, b. Abt. 1736, Malin, Co Donegal, Ireland; d. 18 May 1808, Fannettsburg, Franklin Co, PA, married Mary Noble
3. iii. ROBERT WALKER, b. Abt. 1740, Chester Co, PA; d. 28 Jan 1778, Cumberland, now Franklin Co, PA, married Mary Abraham.
4. iv. SUSANNA WALKER, b. Bef. 1745, Chester Co, PA; d. Aft. 1797, Liv. Franklin Co, PA, married John Witherow
5. v. JOHN WALKER, b. 14 Jun 1745, Chester Co, PA; d. Bet. 12 Sep 1814 - 08 Apr 1816, Dublin Twp, Huntingdon Co, PA, married Martha McGuire
6. vi. DAVID WALKER, b. Abt. 1749, Chester Co, PA; d. 24 Mar 1824, Dublin Twp, Huntingdon Co, PA, married Elizabeth Elliott.