1804 record of payments mentioned in Holmfirth express Article shows District was administered by overseeres
1892 12 acres of Upper close farm aquired by council for a service reservoir to serve Holme Township
1894 Holme District Urban Council established (Before that Holme Local Board and before that administered by Overseers (Luke Beardsell and Richard Crosland)
1915 Holme Electric Company established to provide Hydro electric power for the Village
1919 Holme Electric Co. ltd turned over to the council
1833 Power supply taken over by Holmfirth council and Yorkeshire Electric Power co.
1938 Holme District Urban Council merged with Holmfirth urban District Council