Place:Thrapston Rural, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers
NameThrapston Rural
TypeRural district
Coordinates52.4°N 0.55°W
Located inNorthamptonshire, England     (1894 - 1935)
See alsoOundle and Thrapston Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district into which it was absorbed in 1935
East Northamptonshire District, Northamptonshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Thrapston Rural District was a rural district in Northamptonshire, England from 1894 to 1935. It was one of only a few rural districts to be split between administrative counties, with part in Northamptonshire and part in Huntingdonshire.

The district was abolished in 1935 with the Northamptonshire parts going to form part of the Oundle and Thrapston Rural District (and the parish of Stanwick joining Raunds Urban District), whilst the Huntingdonshire part went mainly to Huntingdon Rural District, with the parish of Covington going to St. Neots Rural District.

In 1974 Oundle and Thrapston Rural District became part of the non-metropolitan District of East Northamptonshire.

Parishes

ParishDescriptionDurationNotes
Aldwincle civil parish 1894 - 1935
Brigstock parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Chelveston-cum-Caldecot chancelry, civil parish 1894 - 1935
Clopton parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Denford parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Great Addington parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Hargrave parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Islip parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Little Addington parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Lowick parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Raunds parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1897
Ringstead parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Slipton parish (ancient), civil parish - 1935
Stanwick parish (ancient), civil parish
Sudborough parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Thrapston parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Titchmarsh parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Twywell parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
Woodford parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935
This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Thrapston Rural District. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.