Place:Oundle Rural, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers
NameOundle Rural
TypeRural district
Coordinates52.45°N 0.48°W
Located inNorthamptonshire, England     (1894 - 1935)
Also located inHuntingdonshire, England     (1894 - 1935)
See alsoOundle and Thrapston Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district into which it was absorbed in 1935
East Northamptonshire District, Northamptonshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Oundle Rural District was a rural district located in both Northamptonshire, England and Huntingdonshirefrom 1894 to 1935.

It was formed under the Local Government Act 1894 from the Oundle Rural Sanitary District. It was one of only a few such districts to cross a county border, with parishes in both Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire.

In 1935 the rural district was abolished, under the Local Government Act 1929. The Northamptonshire part went to form the Oundle and Thrapston Rural District, while in the Huntingdonshire part, the parish of Elton became part of Norman Cross Rural District and the remaining parishes became part of Huntingdon Rural District.

In 1974 Oundle and Thrapston Rural District became part of the non-metropolitan District of East Northamptonshire.

Parishes in the Northamptonshire section

ParishDescriptionDurationNotes
Apethorpe parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Armston hamlet, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Ashton hamlet, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Barnwell All Saints parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Barnwell St. Andrew parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Benefield parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Blatherwycke parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Bulwick parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Cotterstock parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Deene parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Deenethorpe hamlet, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Fotheringhay parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Glapthorn chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Hemington parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Kings Cliffe parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Lilford cum Wigsthorpe parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Luddington parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Lutton parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Nassington parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Oundle parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1895 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Pilton parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Polebrook parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1956
Southwick parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Stoke Doyle parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Tansor parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Thorpe Achurch parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Thurning parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Wadenhoe parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Warmington parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Woodnewton chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935
Yarwell chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Oundle and Thrapston Rural District in 1935

Parishes in the Huntingdonshire section

ParishDescriptionDurationNotes
Elton parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Norman Cross Rural District in 1935
Great Gidding parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Huntingdon Rural District in 1935
Little Gidding parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Huntingdon Rural District in 1935
Winwick parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 to Huntingdon Rural District in 1935


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Oundle Rural District. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.