Place:Barnwell All Saints, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers
NameBarnwell All Saints
TypeParish (ancient), Civil parish
Coordinates52.454°N 0.457°W
Located inNorthamptonshire, England     ( - 1935)
See alsoOundle Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1894-1935
Barnwell, Northamptonshire, Englandcivil parish into which it merged in 1935
East Northamptonshire District, Northamptonshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Barnwell All Saints from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"BARNWELL-ALL-SAINTS, a parish in Oundle [registration] district, Northampton; on the Peterborough railway, ½ a mile S of Barnwell station, and 3 miles SSE of Oundle. Post Town: Barnwell-St.-Andrew, under Oundle. Acres: 1,680. Real property: £1,938. Population: 115. Houses: 29. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Barnwell-St.-Andrew, in the diocese of Peterborough."

Barnwell All Saints and Barnwell St. Andrew parishes merged in 1935 under the name Barnwell.

Research Tips