Place:Brackley Rural, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers
NameBrackley Rural
TypeRural district
Coordinates52.032°N 1.147°W
Located inNorthamptonshire, England     (1894 - 1974)
See alsoMiddleton Cheney Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district which was absorbed into it in 1935
South Northamptonshire District, Northamptonshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974

Brackley Rural District was located in Northamptonshire, England from 1894 to 1974. It was formed under the Local Government Act 1894 from the Banbury Rural Sanitary District.

The district was expanded in 1935 when, under a County Review Order, the Middleton Cheney Rural District was added to it.

The area has been since 1974 part of the South Northamptonshire non-metropolitan District.

Parishes

ParishDescriptionDurationNotes
Aston le Walls parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Middleton Cheney Rural District
Astwell and Falcott hamlet, civil parish 1894 - 1935 absorbed into Helmdon in 1935
Aynho parish (ancient), civil parish
Boddington civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Middleton Cheney Rural District
Chalcombe parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Middleton Cheney Rural District
Chipping Warden parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Middleton Cheney Rural District
Croughton parish (ancient), civil parish
Culworth parish (ancient), civil parish
Edgcote parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Middleton Cheney Rural District
Evenley parish (ancient), civil parish
Eydon parish (ancient), civil parish
Farthinghoe parish (ancient), civil parish
Greatworth parish (ancient), civil parish
Helmdon parish (ancient), civil parish
Hinton in the Hedges parish (ancient), civil parish
King's Sutton parish (ancient), civil parish 1896 - 1974
King's Sutton with Newbottle civil parish 1894 - 1896
Marston St. Lawrence parish (ancient), civil parish
Middleton Cheney parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Middleton Cheney Rural District
Morton Pinkney parish (ancient), civil parish
Newbottle parish (ancient), civil parish 1896 -
Radstone parish (ancient), civil parish
Steane parish (ancient), civil parish - 1935 to Farthinghoe in 1935
Stuchbury parish (ancient), civil parish - 1935 to Greatworth in 1935
Sulgrave parish (ancient), civil parish
Syresham parish (ancient), civil parish
Thenford parish (ancient), civil parish
Thorpe Mandeville parish (ancient), civil parish
Warkworth chaplery, civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Middleton Cheney Rural District
Whitfield parish (ancient), civil parish