||Windham Historical Society
|Windham Historical Society .|
This historical society website links to a variety of interesting databases and documents from Windham's past. From the Historical Records page, there are links to the following:
- Moses Little Judicial Papers Collection: Moses Little was a Justice of the Peace from the early to the mid 1800s. There are complaints and arrest warrents, recognition of debt papers, and many writ of summons (1817-1843). See also Source:Windham, Cumberland, Maine, United States. Moses Little Judicial Papers Collection (Windham, Maine)
- Windham Deeds & Probate Records: Abstracts of deeds, bonds, leases, etc.
- Windham Vital Records: Includes info on marriages, births and deaths from a variety of sources. See Source:Windham, Cumberland, Maine, United States. Marriage Index, 1906-1944. Other vital records include:
- Friends Marriages, sorted by bride.
- Marriages copied from original Town Records by Dole, 1894, sorted by groom.
- Family Records written by Samuel Dole, 1897. Includes Blair, Horton, Winslow, Morrell, Lowell, Coffin, Plummer, Smith, Estes, Purinton, Gould, Hall, Moody, Jones, Cobbey, Johnson, Jackman, Freeman, Stevens, Waterhouse, Libby, Knight, Hasty, Hunnewell, Gowen, Campbell, Swett, Wendell, Winship, Brackett, Hawkes, Harding, Hamblen, Webb, Kemp, Allen, Little, Farrow, Wilson, Young, Wight, Stone, Kellogg, Glover, Roberts, Noyes, White, Cook, and Dow surnames.
- Friends Church Records Births A-W by surname
- Records of Deaths, compiled by Samuel Dole et al.
- Friends Church records of area deaths by surname.
- Death records 1906-1974, compiled by Karen Ray from Annual Reports of Town Officers of the Town of Windham, ME.
See also Windham Cemeteries, transcriptions of Windham cemeteries.
Categories: Windham, Cumberland, Maine, United States | Historical societies of Maine, United States | Vital records of Cumberland, Maine, United States | Legal records of Cumberland, Maine, United States | Cemetery records of Cumberland, Maine, United States