||Westmoreland County, Virginia, deeds and wills
||Dorman, John Frederick
||Washington, District of Columbia
|Number of Volumes
|Dorman, John Frederick. Westmoreland County, Virginia, deeds and wills. (Washington, District of Columbia: J.F. Dorman, c1964-).|
Many seventeenth century records of Westmoreland County are no longer extant and some books are nineteenth century copies of now lost originals. In ca 1964, John F. Dorman transcribed and abstracted the earliest deeds and wills and some order books, publishing them under his own name in Washington, DC. In later years, Sam and Ruth Sparacio continued the transcription of the deed and will books where Dorman left off, publishing their work at the Antient Press in McClean, Virginia. It will be noted that in the early years Westmoreland Co. deeds and wills were all in the same books.
This Source Page refers to Dorman's abstracts of early deeds and wills which was published in 10 Volumes
(for Westmoreland County records in other Dorman and Sparacio publications, see Related WeRelate Source Pages below).
Note of Caution: Cover title varies as follows.
- v. 1 and 2: Westmoreland County, Virginia Records.
- v. 3-5: Westmoreland County, Virginia deeds, patents, etc.
- v. 6: Westmoreland Co., Virginia deeds, etc.
- v. 7+: Westmoreland, Virginia deeds and wills.
Contents of Each Volume
- v. 1. 1658-1661 (deeds, will, patents, etc. 1653-1659; deeds, wills, etc. 1661-1662; deeds and wills no. 1 1653-1671 [pt. 1])
- v. 2. 1661-1664 (deeds, wills, etc. 1661-1662; orders 1662-1664; deeds and wills no. 1 1653-1671 [pt. 2])
- v. 3. Deeds, patents, etc. 1665-1677 pt. 1 with records, 1664-1665, from deeds and wills no. 1, 1653-1671 [pt. 3]
- v. 4. Deeds, patents, etc. 1665-1677 pt. 2
- v. 5. Deeds, patents, etc. 1665-1677 pt. 3
- v. 6. Deeds, patents, etc. 1665-1677 pt. 4 to which is appended deeds & wills no. 4, 1707-1709
- v. 7. Deeds & wills no. 2, 1691-1699
- v. 8. Deeds & wills no. 3, 1701-1707
- v. 9. Deeds & wills no. 5, 1712-1716
- v. 10. Deeds & wills no. 6, 1716-1720.
Source of Material for Each Volume
- Parts of v. 1-3 and 7 contains abstracts from the 1801 transcripts of original volumes which are no longer extant.
- Vol. 4 was abstracted from the 1852 transcript of original volume which also no longer exists.
- Vols. 8-10 were made from transcripts which were made sometime in the nineteenth century and original volumes are no longer in existence.
Related WeRelate Source Pages
- Source:Westmoreland, Virginia, United States. Westmoreland County, Virginia Order Books - Dorman transcriptions (21 Volumes)
- Source:Westmoreland, Virginia, United States. Westmoreland County, Virginia, Deeds and Wills - Dorman transcriptions (10 Volumes)
- Source:Westmoreland, Virginia, United States. Westmoreland County, Virginia Order Books (Sparacio's) - Sparacio transcriptions (7 Volumes)
- Source:Westmoreland, Virginia, United States. Deed and Will Abstracts of Westmoreland County, Virginia - Sparacio transcriptions (13 Volumes)