Wimborne St Giles is a village in east Dorset, England, situated on Cranborne Chase seven miles north of Wimborne Minster and 12 miles north of Poole. The village has a population of 366 (2001). The village rests within the Shaftesbury estate, owned by the Earl of Shaftesbury. A tributary of the River Allen, formerly known as the Wimborne, snakes its way through the village.
Wimborne St Giles, as the village of St Giles, has a long history recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086. The village of Wimborne St Giles was established in 1733, when the St Giles and All Hallows parishes were merged at the request of Anthony Ashley-Cooper, 1st Earl of Shaftesbury.
In 2001 the population was 366, served by the village hall, post office, parish church, and a primary school. Recreational enterprises include commercial shooting, a trout farm, and fly fishing on the River Allen. The village is largely agricultural, with residents generally commuting to nearby cities and towns for employment.
Wimborne St. Giles is 8.2 miles north of Wimborne Minster.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Wimborne St Giles.