Stonham-Aspall is a village and civil parish in the Mid Suffolk District of Suffolk in eastern England. Located around five miles east of the nearest town of Stowmarket, in the UK census of 2011 its population was 601. Surrounding villages include Mickfield, Little Stonham and Pettaugh. It is in a rural location surrounded by farmland but has the popular tourist route of the A1120 running through the middle of the village.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Stonham-Aspall from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
The name Stonham-Aspall is directly translated as 'Stone homestead' from 13th century English dialect. Many of the houses in the village are 14th and 15th century.
A Vision of Britain through Time reports no boundary changes for the parish itself, but since 1937 it has changed registration districts a number of times as follows:
The earliest census data was 1801 when the total recorded was 578. The highest figure to be recorded was in 1851 with a total population of 814 and the lowest recorded being in 1961 with a total population of 418. In 2011 it stood at 601.
In the nineteenth century the main industry in the parish was agriculture, with around 39% working on farms. In 2011 census this figure had dropped to 6%. The highest percentage is now in industry with around 14% in manufacturing jobs.