Place:St. Mary's (Isles of Scilly), Cornwall, England

Watchers
NameSt. Mary's (Isles of Scilly)
TypeIsland
Coordinates49.914°N 6.292°W
Located inCornwall, England
See alsoPenwith Hundred, Cornwall, Englandhundred in which it was located until 1891
Isles of Scilly, Cornwall, Englandisland group of which it is a part
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

St Mary's (Cornish: Ennor, the mainland) is the largest island of the Isles of Scilly, an archipelago off the southwest coast of Cornwall in England.

The main town, Hugh Town (Cornish: Tre Huw), was sold to the inhabitants by the British crown in 1949. The rest of the island belongs to the Duchy of Cornwall. Other settlements on the island are Old Town, Porthloo, Holy Vale, Maypole, Rocky Hill and Telegraph.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at St Mary's, Isles of Scilly. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.