- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Beckington is a village and civil parish in the Mendip district of Somerset, England, across the River Frome from Lullington about three miles north of Frome. According to the 2011 census the parish, which includes the hamlet of Rudge, had a population of 983.
The parish includes the hamlet of Standerwick.
- Somerset Record Office
- Beckington Village Website
- The Somerset Heritage Centre (incorporating what was formerly the Somerset Record Office and the Somerset Local Studies Library) can be found at its new location at Langford Mead in Taunton. It has an online search facility leading to pages of interest, including maps from the First and Second Ordnance Survey] (select Maps and Postcards from the list at the left, then enter the parish in the search box).
The Heritage Centre has an email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Old Maps Online has a further selection of local maps. Some of these do not expand sufficiently to identify rural places.
- A History of Britain Online is a compilation of gazetteers which may provide more information about very small places which are missing from Wikipedia. In the case of Somerset it refers to A History of the County of Somerset by R. W. Dunning (editor), published as part of the Victoria County History series in 2006.
- source: Family History Library Catalog