The Town of Rodman is at the southeastern border of the county and is south of Watertown.
Prehistoric remains in the town document the lives of the original natives.
The region was part of Macomb's Purchase. The town was first settled around 1801.
Rodman was organized as a town in 1804 from part of the Town of Adams. The town was originally called "Harrison" after an early landowner, but was later changed to "Rodman," the name of the clerk of the legislature, due to confusion with other similarly named communities. Part of Rodman was used in 1808 to form the Town of Pinckney (Now part of Lewis County).
Residents of note