Pittsgrove Township is a township in Salem County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township's population was 9,393, reflecting an increase of 500 (+5.6%) from the 8,893 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 772 (+9.5%) from the 8,121 counted in the 1990 Census.
Pittsgrove Township was formed by Royal charter on December 6, 1769 and was incorporated by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on February 21, 1798, as one of the initial group of 104 townships established in New Jersey. Portions of the township were taken on March 4, 1822, to form Centreville Township (which was restored in 1829 when the township was dissolved), on March 10, 1846, to form Upper Pittsgrove Township and on January 28, 1893, to form Elmer borough.
Olivet (with a 2010 Census population of 1,408) is a census-designated place (CDP) and unincorporated community located within Pittsgrove Township. Brotmanville, Centerton and Norma are unincorporated communities within the township.