Millington is a village within the town of East Haddam, Connecticut. Millington lies halfway between East Haddam center and Salem center. It is the section of East Haddam that is the closest to Devil's Hopyard State Park. The village is connected to East Haddam Center and to Devil's Hopyard State Park by a series of secondary roads that are maintained by the state. The road is given an unsigned designation "Special Service Road 434", which runs on Mount Parnassus Road, Millington Road, Haywardville Road, and Hopyard Road.
Millington was first settled in 1704 by Jonathan Beebe of New London. An ecclesiastical society separate from Haddam (East Haddam was then part of Haddam) was granted in 1733. The congregational church was organized in 1736 and a meetinghouse constructed on the Green in 1740. The village became a training area for the local militia during the Revolutionary War. The village never recovered from a depression following the War of 1812 and is now a rural residential neighborhood.