The Middle Haddam Historic District is a historic district in the town of East Hampton, Connecticut. It encompasses a small residential area, in which most of the housing stock was built between 1750 and the mid-19th century. Middle Haddam was an important port on the Connecticut River between about 1730 and 1880, acting as a shipment point for trade with the West Indies and the North American coast, and as the site of shipyards building ocean-going vessels. The most prominent building in the village is the Second Congregational Church, built in 1855 and given High Victorian styling in the 1870s.
Among others, the Princeton University and Yale Divinity School-educated Second Great Awakening evangelist James Brainerd Taylor (1801–1829) was born in Middle Haddam's historic district. As a boy, Taylor attended the town's still-standing Christ Episcopal Church (est. 1786).
The current Haddam Neck Congregational Church was originally the First Congregational Church of Middle Haddam, formed on December 16, 1740. The church records have been abstracted and are available on Ancestry.com.