St. Michael-Carhayes (Cornish: Lannvihal) is a civil parish and village in Cornwall, England. It is often spelled St Michael Caerhays and both spellings lead here. The village is about seven miles (11 km) south-southwest of St. Austell.
The ecclesiastical parish was a chapelry of St Stephen-in-Brannel until 1832. From the 16th century the Rectors of St Stephen resided here so the church of St Michael came to be regarded as the mother church. The church is Norman but the Lady Chapel was added in the 15th century by the Trevanions and it contains their monuments. Their home was on the site of Caerhayes Castle.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.