Langriville was created a township in 1812 near a ferry over the River Witham called Langrick Ferry (now Langrick village) from which the parish has taken its name. This parish consists of the portion of Wildmore Fen allotted to the Earl of Stamford & Warrington in lieu of his manorial rights over Armtree and Wildmore fens.
It was said by Pishey Thompson in his History and Antiquities of Boston, that the name probably came from "Long Creek" as it was the largest and longest creek in the fen. About a mile north of the present village of Langrick there was a sluice erected in 1543.
The area formerly belonged to Kirkstead Abbey as is evidenced by references made by the Boston Corporation records claiming rights on Armtree Fen in the early 17th Century.
Saint Margaret of Scotland Church was built in Langrick village in 1828, but was not dedicated until 20 April 1922.
The registers of births and deaths date from 1831, and those of marriages from 1837. The church was restored and redecorated in 1935, and further work was carried out in 1968.
Lincolnshire is very low-lying and land had to be drained for agriculture to be successful. The larger drainage channels, many of which are parallel to each other, became boundaries between parishes. Many parishes are long and thin for this reason.
There is much fenland in Lincolnshire, particularly in the Boston and Horncastle areas. Fenlands tended to be extraparochial before the mid 1850s, and although many sections were identified with names and given the title "civil parish", little information has been found about them. Many appear to be abolished in 1906, but the parish which adopts them is not given in A Vision of Britain through Time. Note the WR category Lincolnshire Fenland Settlements which is an attempt to organize them into one list.
From 1889 until 1974 Lincolnshire was divided into three administrative counties: Parts of Holland, Parts of Kesteven and Parts of Lindsey. These formal names do not fit with modern grammatical usage, but that is what they were, nonetheless. In 1974 the northern section of Lindsey, along with the East Riding of Yorkshire, became the short-lived county of Humberside. In 1996 Humberside was abolished and the area previously in Lincolnshire was made into the two "unitary authorities" of North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire. The remainder of Lincolnshire was divided into "non-metropolitan districts" or "district municipalities" in 1974. Towns, villages and parishes are all listed under Lincolnshire, but the present-day districts are also given so that places in this large county can more easily be located and linked to their wider neighbourhoods. See the WR placepage Lincolnshire, England and the smaller divisions for further explanation.